2017 Annual Airband

Back to Article
Back to Article

2017 Annual Airband

Photo Credit: Eli Pace -
Rugby Team Airband Performance

Photo Credit: Eli Pace - Rugby Team Airband Performance

Ridge Stimson, Editor

On October 20th, another successful Airband occurred at Summit High School with senior, Kate Wasson, and freshman, Gray Wasson, finishing on top and winning the one hundred dollar prize.

The brother and sister act that included senior, Kate Wasson, and freshman, Gray Wasson would win this years annual Airband.  Grey Wasson responded, “I was really nervous and I know that freshman don’t really do Airband acts, so I didn’t know if [the audience] were going to boo or not.” 

Airband started at 9:00 pm on a Friday night after Summit High School’s annual Homecoming football game.  Hundreds of students, parents, and teachers attended Airband.  Airband is one of the biggest events of the year.  Fourteen acts would participate in this year’s Airband.  The show started with a video and entrance of Ariband’s hosts, Max Hess, Turner McDonald, Mark Davidson, and teacher, Paul Koslovsky.  

The teachers at SHS would kick start the event with an annual video and performance of their own, “The teachers always kill it out there. They are very fun to watch,” explained sophomore Hunter Stimson.

The hosts added to the excitement as they performed some of their own acts along with multiple games that involved participants from the audience.  The hosts change every year as auditions are held for the spots.

The rugby team would put on yet another Airband as they have in years past.  Seniors and Juniors would be the only participants in this years contest.   

The next scheduled Airband will take place in the Spring of 2018 on the night before Prom, which will be on a Saturday.